Ronald J. Sikorski, Business Manager & General Vice President
1 min read
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR OUR APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
Updated: Jan 30
The Southern California Operating Engineers Apprenticeship Program is now open for new applications until January 29, 2020 online.
Prior to acceptance into the program, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
• Be physically able to perform the work with or without reasonable accommodation;
• Possess a high school diploma, GED equivalent or college degree;
• An individual may submit an application at the age of 17, but acceptance into the program will not occur until the age of 18;
• Be legal to work in the United States;
• Must have a valid Driver’s License upon entrance into the program;
• Must have suitable transportation to and from work and school;
• Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 12 in Southern California;
• Pass an entrance examination;
• Pass a substance abuse test.
Written applications will be available at the Whittier Training Facility and all Dispatch Halls (except Pasadena) Wednesdays only, January 15, January 22 and January 29, 2020 between 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Written applications must be hand delivered to our Whittier office or sent by certified mail, postmarked on or before January 31, 2020. We strongly urge you to apply online.