Ronald J. Sikorski, Business Manager & General Vice President
Nov 15, 2019
1 min read
APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM OPENS FOR APPLICATIONS JANUARY 13, 2020 ONLINE
The Southern California Operating Engineers Apprenticeship Program will be open for new applications from January 13, 2020 through January 29, 2020 online at https://www.oett.net.
Prior to acceptance into the program, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
• Be physically able to perform the work with or without
• Possess a high school diploma, GED equivalent or college
• An individual may submit an application at the age of 17, but
acceptance into the program will not occur until the age of 18;
• Be legal to work in the United States;
• Must have a valid Driver’s License upon entrance into the
• Must have suitable transportation to and from work and school;
• Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 12 in Southern California;
• Pass an entrance examination;
• Pass a substance abuse test.
Applications will be available online at www.oett.net from January 13 through January 29, 2020. Written applications will be available at the Whittier Training Facility and all Dispatch Halls (except Pasadena) Wednesdays only, January 15, January 22 and January 29, 2020 between 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Written applications must be hand delivered to our Whittier office or sent by certified mail, postmarked on or before January 31, 2020. We strongly urge you to apply online.