Training Sites Controlled Opening Up by Appointments & with Restrictions - Please Read
Re: Controlled re-opening of certain training sites
Effective Date: June 2, 2020
Devore (Jeff Legan 562-254-5096)
San Diego (Rich Rose 562-257-7414)
Bakersfield (Jason Smoot 661-873-3981)
Camarillo (John Hopcus 562-254-8014)
San Luis Obispo (James Nightingale 562-254-8742)
Whittier (Daryl Sundberg 562-639-2523)
The Operating Engineers Training Trust will begin to reopen training sites for live training on a limited basis. Although the threat from the COVID-19 virus seems to have leveled off according to the data, we still believe that a threat exists and therefore will be taking several steps to ensure the safety of our staff and members. The guidelines that are mentioned under General Rules will be strictly enforced and apply to all persons present at a training site. Members who have been authorized to use the training site, must agree to, and follow all general rules to be able to participate. Any member who willfully violates these rules is in jeopardy of being asked to leave the training site and having their right to participate revoked, until normal operations can resume at some time in the future. Apprentices with willful violations of the general rules will be subject to disciplinary action by the Sub JAC.
· Local 12 members in Good standing only will be allowed.
· Reservation must be made at least 1 day prior to training day.
· No more than 3 trainees per available instructor per day.
· Each participant must bring their own face covering, which must be worn when in the proximity of others. (10 feet for any amount of time)
· All attendees must provide their own transportation to the site, no van service will be provided.
· Any person having symptoms of any illness are not permitted and will be sent home.
· All participants must submit to having their temperature taken upon arrival at site.
· Participants will not be allowed to gather in classrooms.
· Lunch breaks will be restricted to outside only or in your vehicle.
· All machinery operated, must be sanitized before and after each operation.
Apprentices required to make-up classes missed during the spring semester, will have priority use of the training site from June 2, 2020 to June 13, 2020.
Apprentices must contact their coordinator to schedule their makeup days at the training site. The Coordinator will contact the site lead instructor to see what days are available for the initial 12-day period.
Beyond June 15, 2020 available space at the training sites will be on a first come first served basis for journeyman and apprentice members in good standing. The member will contact the lead site instructor directly at the phone numbers listed above for available days and scheduling between 7:00 am & 3:30 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Larry L. Hopkins
Director of Training