1. You must submit a letter to LARRY L. HOPKINS, Director of training, at this office, requesting a transfer to the Southern California Operating Engineers Training Trust Apprenticeship program. Please mail to:
2190 South Pellissier Pl.
Whittier, CA 90601
2. Include in your letter, your name, address, and phone number. You must also indicate the county in which you might be settling.
DO NOT RE-LOCATE ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT THIS REQUEST FOR TRANSFER WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE APPROVED!
3. Contact your local apprenticeship program granting them authorization to forward us a copy of your apprenticeship, detailing school records, employment records, hours worked, and union membership record to the above address.
4. Your local apprenticeship committee must submit a letter to this office regarding approval of the pending transfer.
5. You must also submit a copy of your dues receipt indicating that you are paid-up member in good standing with your Local Union.
NO CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN UNTIL THE ABOVE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN THIS OFFICE.
6. Before the request can be considered, you must be drug tested and evaluated at our Training Site. A full report will be submitted to the appropriate Sub-JAC for their consideration. Your complete records will be scrutinized. The Sub-JAC will determine any credit they deem to be justified.
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOUR REQUEST TO TRANSFER WILL BE GRANTED OR THAT YOU WILL BE ACCEPTED.
7. Upon approval of the transfer any credit that the Sub-JAC has deemed to be justified will be granted.
8. As our new Apprentice, you will also be placed on a 1000 hour probation.
APPRENTICES TRANSFERRING ELSEWHERE...A copy of their paid up dues receipt must be placed in their file for our records.